Customer: is you, a corporate entity or organisation utilising the Free or Paid Services for use by your employees, agents, contractors and/or members.
Users: are the individuals and employees, agents, contractors, or members of Customers using the Desana Platform to book workspaces.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information Given to us
When you or any Users access or use the Desana Platform (App or Dashboard), or our Services, there are a number of ways in which we may ask you, or registered Users, to provide information and other data to us. This information is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and us and to allow us to comply with our legal obligations. Without it, we may not be able to provide you or Users with all the requested services. You may be asked to provide us with the following information:
- registered company name,
- trading name,
- company number,
- VAT Number,
- trading address.
We may also require the following to be provided by you about, or otherwise provided directly by, Users:
- full name,
- email address,
- job title,
- other interests and self-descriptions.
By accessing the Platform, you consent to us processing and collecting this data, on the terms and for the reasons which are explained below. Users will be given individual opportunity to consent before they sign in to our App.
We may also collect and process the following data about your organisation and registered Users:
- Information that you or Users put into forms or surveys on our site or App at any time;
- A record of correspondence between us or registered Users;
- Details of transactions carried out through our website and app;
- Details of your visits to our website and app and the resources you or Users use;
- Location Information;
- Device Information: we may collect device-specific information when our Services are accessed, including hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information and information about the device’s interaction with our Services.
- Log Information: We collect log information about how our services are accessed or used, including access times, browser type and language, Internet Service Provider and Internet Protocol (“IP”) address.
- To use certain features of the Desana Platform (such as Users making workspace bookings), we will require you as a Customer to provide certain financial information (like bank account information) in order to facilitate the processing of payments (via Stripe Payments).
- Information Collected by Cookies and other Tracking Technologies: We may automatically collect information using cookies, web beacons (also known as “tracking gifs,” “pixel tags” and “tracking pixels”) and other tracking technologies to, among other things, improve our Services and your experience, monitor user activity, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness, and tell if an email has been opened and acted upon. For information about removing or rejecting cookies, please see “Your Information Choices” below.
Information You Choose to Give Us
You or registered Users may choose to provide us with additional information in order to obtain a better experience when using the Desana platform. This additional information will be processed based on your consent.
- Additional Profile Information. You, or Users, may choose to provide additional User information as part of their Desana profile (such as gender, preferred language(s), city, and a personal description). Some of this information may become part of their profile page, and will be visible to others in your organisation.
- Other Information. You, or Users, may otherwise choose to provide us information by filling in a form, conducting a search, updating or adding information to Customer Account or User Accounts, respond to surveys, post to community forums, participate in promotions, or use other features of the platform.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS USED
As is true of most digital platforms, it may be possible to gather information about your, or Users, computer or device such as IP address, browser type, referring/exit pages, and operating system. This data may be used for:
- Information about precise or approximate location as determined through data such as IP addresses or mobile device’s GPS to offer an improved user experience. Most mobile devices allow control or disabling of the use of location services for applications in the device’s settings menu;
- Drive future product development in line with Customer & User technology use;
- Protect the safety of Desana users and provide our verification service;
- Monitor and analyse trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Respond to customer service requests;
- Send out a newsletter or occasional product alerts or marketing communications (if opted in);
- Improve our product and our marketing efforts; and/or
- Link or combine with other information we get from third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with better service
- Respond to your questions and concerns.
Certain features of the Platform (such as uploading or downloading content) may need to access information on individual devices in order to work. By using such functionality, you consent to Desana Network Limited accessing User devices and information. If we can, we will ask before the App accesses devices or information.
HOW TO EDIT, DELETE OR ACCESS YOUR INFORMATION
You have the right to ask for a copy of any information held, to correct any inaccuracies and to update any out-of-date information. You can also ask us not to send you direct marketing communications (please note that we may continue to send you service-related (i.e. non-marketing) communications whilst you hold an account with Desana Network Limited). If you wish to exercise any of these rights, or wish to object to our use of your data, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
Except as described below, we will not share your information with any third parties.
We may disclose information provided to us by you or Users:
- to any of our group companies (which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985);
- as required by law, any applicable regulation to protect the rights, property, or safety of ourselves or others. This may include disclosing to other companies and organisations in connection with fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request;
- if Desana Network Limited is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, to any prospective seller or buyer of all (or part of) our business or assets. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our App of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information;
- to any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
We will never pass your information to a third party for them to use in their own direct marketing without your express consent.
We may offer social sharing features or other integrated tools which let you or Users share actions taken on our Services with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of certain information with friends or the public, depending on the settings established with the third party that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the third parties that provide these social sharing features.
The security of information is important to us. All information provided to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. We will retain your and individual User information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services via our Platform. Once your account has been deleted, we will only retain and use information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer hold any information on your organisation or registered Users, contact us at email@example.com.
We may contact you from time to time about our Service, including marketing messages relating to our Service. We will do this electronically, for example by email, text, or by telephone.
We may contact you with information about our products and services (and those of specially selected parties that may be of interest to you, in line with your marketing contact preferences provided to us either through the App or by emailing us). All such communications will come from Desana Network Limited.
You may tell us at any time if you do not wish to receive marketing messages from us by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by following any instructions we may include in the messages we send to you.
USE OF LOCATION DATA
The App may make use of location data sent from Users mobile devices. This functionality can be turned off at any time by turning off the location services settings for the App on mobile devices. If you subscribe to these services, you consent to us and our partners’ and licensees’ transmission, collection, maintenance, processing and use of location data of registered Users and queries to provide and improve location-based and road traffic-based products and services. Individual User consent may be withdrawn at any time by turning off the location services setting on mobile devices or on the App.
Last updated: 20/07/2020